About our Farm & Forest Garden
Experience pure, local botanicals straight from our Ontario farm. We are passionate about creating high quality organic products that are effective, delicious, vibrant and versatile. Our herbs are grown with respect for our surrounding ecosystem, hand-harvested at peak potency, and carefully processed to preserve their flavour and function.
We're glad to have you here, and hope you will reach out to us with any questions about our products or growing practices! Read on to learn a little but more about the values of our small but mighty farm.
Kate & Phil Collins
We are a small-scale regenerative herb farm and forest garden located near Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada. Owners Phil and Kate Collins founded Foggy River Farm with a desire to use agriculture as a catalyst to restore connection between people and the ecosystems they inhabit.
We practice ecological farming and ethical wildcrafting guided by permaculture, herbalism, and our reverence for the earth. Our harvests are transformed into herbal teas and medicinals, culinary seasonings, and natural skincare products, and are available at local farmers markets, online, in select stores, and through the wonderful creations of our wholesale partners.
We believe in transparency of our farming operation. If the information you are looking for cannot be found here, send any questions about our farm to email@example.com
OUR FARM & FOOD FOREST
- We cultivate herbs on only a few acres. Most of our farm work and processing is done manually by skilled workers who treat the land with respect and care. Our regenerative soil practices include compost teas; manure compost; beneficial plants and insects and diverse cover crops.
- We cultivate over 40 different types of herbs, including nettles, red clover, yarrow, sage, lemon balm, peppermint, spearmint, lavender, thyme, oregano, anise hyssop, chamomile, catnip, and burdock.
- In 2013 we began creating an experimental forest garden where hundreds of fruit & nut trees, berry shrubs, and medicinal herbs have been planted on terraced hügelkultur mounds. This area is passively managed, left to follow the patterns and ecological functioning of established forests. Through this, we are attempting to create a stable, resilient, and diverse system that requires few outside inputs and are highly productive in relation to the amount of labour required. Our forest garden offers numerous ecosystem services such as carbon sequestration, habitat, soil building, microclimate creation and water retention.
- Sharing the benefits of herbal tea and botanical medicine with our wonderful community of customers
- Being the thoughtful caretakers of healthy soil and beautiful nutrient-dense crops
- Teaching others about sustainable farming practices
- Increasing knowledge about beneficial plants that grow in our local ecosystem
- Partnering on projects with local medicine makers, brewers, distillers, chefs and restaurants