We're Hiring! Farm Staff - 2021 Season
Located an hour north-east of Toronto, Foggy River Farm is an ecologically-minded medicinal & culinary herb farm that is committed to restoring the connection between people and the ecosystems they inhabit. We sell loose-leaf herbal teas, culinary herbs, and botanical skincare products.
We are looking for the right person to join our crew this year. The hours & timing of the position are not yet determined & dependent on the right candidate (and combination of candidates).
We are seeking individuals with an interest in small-scale or organic farming, permaculture, or herbalism, and who are ready to embrace the rigours of the farming lifestyle, as well as the repetition that often accompanies many of our farm tasks.
During your time with us you will gain experience:
- Learning about the amazing herbs that grow in the Ontario climate
- Prepping garden beds
- Planting herbs, perennial greens, and trees
- Weeding, harvesting/wildcrafting, and processing (garbling) herbs
- Working in a greenhouse
- Packing herbal teas and other products
- Possibly maintaining the farm property, including permaculture earthworks, woodworking, forestry work, landscaping, assisting with livestock (chickens, horses)
We seek an individual who:
- Is honest, hard-working and reliable
- Is able to follow direction well and who can work efficiently with others and independently
- Is physically fit (ability to lift crates and complete repetitive tasks on hands and knees) and comfortable with outdoor summer work and, at times challenging weather conditions
- Is self-reliant for transportation to and from the farm
- Likes to have fun, appreciates a good joke, and wants to soak up beautiful sights, sounds, scents that are abundant in farm life!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and brief email answering the following four questions:
- Are you seeking full-time or part-time employment?
- When does your availability start & end (i.e. May 1 to September 1)? Or is it open-ended?
- What excites you most about this position?
- Describe a personal or work/career/education-related goal you are working towards.
Email application to Kate and Phil at: email@example.com using subject line “2021 Farm Staff Application”.
Apply by Friday, January 29th, 2021.