We're Hiring! Farm Staff - 2020 Season
Located an hour north-east of Toronto, Foggy River Farm is an ecologically-minded medicinal & culinary herb farm that is committed to restoring the connection between people and the ecosystems they inhabit. We sell bulk herbs, loose-leaf herbal teas, culinary herbs, and botanical skincare products.
We are looking for the right person to join us this year to assist on all aspects of our farm. The approximate start is in May and ending in November, with flexible timing for the right candidate!
We are seeking an individual with an interest in small scale farming, permaculture, or herbalism, and who is ready to embrace the rigours of the farming lifestyle, as well as the repetition that often accompanies many of our farm tasks.
During your time with us you will gain experience:
- Learning about the amazing herbs that grow in the Ontario climate
- Prepping garden beds
- Planting herbs, perennial greens, and trees
- Weeding, harvesting/wildcrafting, and processing herbs
- Working in a greenhouse
- Packaging herbal teas, culinary herbs, skincare, and other products
- Possibly maintaining the farm property, including permaculture earthworks, woodworking, forestry work, landscaping, assisting with livestock (chickens, horses)
We seek an individual who:
- Is honest, hard-working and reliable
- Is able to follow direction well and who can work efficiently with others and independently
- Is physically fit and comfortable with outdoor work and, at times challenging weather conditions
- Is self-reliant for transportation to and from the farm
- Likes to have fun, appreciates a good joke, and wants to soak up beautiful sights, sounds, scents that are abundant in farm life!
- Prior manual labour, gardening, farming, or construction experience is an asset, but not required to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and brief email answering the following questions:
- Are you seeking full-time or part-time employment?
- What excites you most about this position?
- Describe a personal or work-related goal you are working towards. It can be big or small!
Email application to Kate and Phil at: email@example.com using subject line “2020 Farm Staff Application”