This winter we sent our ‘Zest’ seasoning to some fellow culinary enthusiasts, who put our farm grown herbs to work. For those unfamiliar, Zest includes parsley, rosemary, lemon verbena, cilantro & orange spice thyme. We're so excited to share their fabulous creations!
Recipe by Megan Young
Zesty Goat Cheese Shortbread Crackers
Savoury, cheesy shortbreads flavoured with Zest. Great served with a charcuterie board, on their own (glass of wine optional), or topped with prosciutto and/or figs.
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c butter (room temperature)
- 1 c goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 heaping TBSP Foggy River Farm's Zest seasoning blend
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until well mixed.
- Turn out onto plastic wrap and form a log. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slice dough into rounds about 1/4 inch thick (thinner slices for more cracker-like texture, thicker for more shortbread-like)
- Bake about 10 minutes, flip and bake about 5 minutes more (until both sides are nicely golden brown)
- Let cool on wire rack.